Friday, February 24, 2012

Hello Internet!

It's been awhile since I've written a blog. I had one in college with all of my friends from HS until the group imploded and I haven't spoken to two of them since. I've been considering starting up again but I don't know what I have to say worthy of taking up space on the internet. No matter, the internet is huge- I doubt anyone will notice my random ramblings in this tiny corner.

I've been dilligently working on learning lotion making at work. I'm pretty much on my own with it. Boss Lady doesn't really like emulsions (and is a touch self absorbed) and QC Boss (used to be R&D) is always busy with QC (shockingly) and he is not really skilled with emulsions either. Convienently, I found a blog here on the internet with a homecrafter of lotions who happens to know her chemistry and isn't afraid to share. It's been a great help. Today I made a black raspberry oil and shea butter lotion that turned out really nice. Still a bit too greasy for my taste. My favorite thus far is still the coffee butter. So anyway, I'm trying to broaden my skill base so that I can create new products to move our brand out of the "kids only" market. I have big plans. I am a genius after all.

This weekend I'm going to attempt to finish plastering Makayla's room since I was finally able to locate the finish plaster that I need. Of course I really only get Saturdays since JEFF IS COMING HOME! on Sunday. Super excited for that. Hopefully this time #2 will be concieved but I'm doubtful. My hormones are all jacked up. Finally had a normal, non stimulated cycle for the first time since May. I wish the doc would stop saying everything is fine. Everything is NOT fine! Women are supposed to have periods every month. 28 year olds are not supposed to grow hair like an 80 year old woman. Likewise, 28 year old women should not lose all sex drive. And yes, I know exercise is good for me but no, it is not the cure all. I'm a little overweight- not huge. I'm sick of not being normal and I'm sick of going to the doctor with another idea only to be shot down. I know I'm not a doctor- so figure out what the fuck is wrong with me so I can stop googling it! I'm just tired of hearing about another friend being pregnant and I'm tired of being jealous of them every time but I can't help it. I've been ready for #2 for well over a year now and I'm sick of waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment