If you do not vaccinate your children you could be responsible for the death of your child or another persons child. Vaccinations are primarily about the individual being vaccinated but there is another very important aspect. "Herd immunity" protects those who cannot get vaccinations. There are valid reasons for not getting vaccinations:
- Weakened immune system (i.e. fighting cancer)
- If you are moderately to severely ill at the time a vaccine is to be given you should wait until you recover
- Allergic to component of vaccine
- Eggs- the influenza and yellow fever vaccines contain egg protein
- Antibiotics- polio contains streptomycin, neomycin, and polymyxin B and MMR and varicella have trace amounts of neomycin. No vaccine contains penicillin or related antibiotics.
- Gelatin- an ingredient in MMR, yellow fever and varicella
- Too young to receive the vaccine
- Some vaccines should not be given during pregnancy
I'd like to make an analogy here to the pro-life/ pro-choice debate. Pro-lifers say that abortion should not be allowed because you are taking the life of child who does not have a say. Anti-vaxxers are taking the lives of children who cannot receive vaccines due to the reasons above.
I could debunk every reason why anti-vaxxers don't vaccinate their children but many have done that already. Here is an extremely thorough debunking. Stop killing babies. Vaccinate your children.